The KMS 6 week basic introduction to Krav Maga course is to give participants basic working knowledge of simple combative skills (striking skills) and preview some tasters of the self defence skills they will learn in a regular Krav maga class.
This course is mandatory for anyone looking to join Krav Maga Southend.
The objective of the 6 week course is to provide quality & focused teaching of the self-defense principles and basics that make up the foundation of each KMS class.
Instead of dropping you into the deep end and having to play catchup and not receiving the attention you deserve or require at the early stages to progress quicker in your self-defense journey.
With the 6 Week Course, you'll be in the same boat and skill-level as others, learning at the same pace with your own dedicated instructor along the way.
• Remove any intimidation factor for prospective members who would potentially join the regular classes
• Give basic striking and self defence skills like punches, kicks, elbows and how to defend against chokes, grabs, punches and other basic defense.
• Provides the participants the opportunity to make sure this class is for them without having to commit to a monthly membership.
• At the end of the course participants have the opportunity to either join the regular weekly classes or walk away with a certificate of completion and a club t-shirt.
• The cost of the intro course is £57 pounds. This will be paid in advance and each course is held every 6 weeks. Once enrolled on the course you are obligated to attend the entirety of the course, participants who miss any sessions can not make there time up and there is no refunds for sessions missed.
Once you have purchased your ticket, you will receive an email with instructions and further details.
This ticket enlists you into 6 consecutive weeks of Krav Maga Southend sessions.
Please ensure you have present your Eventbrite ticket upon arrival of your first session.
- Craig Wood
Hi, I'm Craig Wood founder of Krav Maga Southend School. I've been involved in the self-defense industry for over 10 years and have always had a combative experience throughout my younger years through various boxing gyms and had my fair share of real-life encounters myself.
I'm excited to begin your journey with you into self-defense and train you in the dark art of Krav Maga.
The 6 Week Program is a great introduction, to wet your feet and see first and foremost whether Krav Maga is for you and secondly to better equip you with the basics to safely get involved in future classes.
In today's society, it's never been more important to learn to protect yourself.
A myriad of crimes are an everyday occurance, muggings, house invasions, car jackings, acid attacks and rape.
It's not a matter of if, it's when - that's the dark reality we live in at the moment.
Less police, a rise in 'gang culture' and desperation from decades of community breakdown all are contributing factors.
Let me ask you the question - would you be prepared if you were attacked, to defend yourself, your children or your property?
I always say, I'd rather be a warrior in the garden than a gardener in a war. Better to have and not need than need and not have - food for thought.
I look forward to welcoming you into the KMS family!